Wednesday, 6 August 2008

I'm stuck. Choose what YOU want me to post.

I've not posted for a few days. I wouldn't be so self-aggrandising as to say I have writers' block, because by anybody's standards, I'm not a writer so much as someone who regularly gets things off her chest through a keyboard and onto a screen. However, I will say I'm stuck. It's not so much a case of having nothing to write about as having FAR TOO MUCH and not nearly enough time.

I have several ideas which have been bouncing around in my head for some time, and they all deserve a good bit of thinking about and phrasing. No doubt they will all come out eventually but I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me ease the current bottleneck by saying which of the following top 3 they would like to see first (the most votes by 7pm will follow later in the evening):

1. I Love Lembit - an antidote to the ubiquitous bitching about one of my favourite public figures.

2. Red Flags - a reaction to the news item I caught yesterday about the 'warning signs' of potentially abusive partners.

3. Bitch and Dogsbody - a very careful review of my current role within my own local party.

7 comments:

Peter Black said...

Number One

jamesshaddock said...

I always thought that creating memes was the solution to not having something to blog about in Lib Dem blogging circles?

I can see a way of linking all three options, however I'm going to have to go with No. 3 as I've only just gotten more involved in (and looking for a job in)the party and need to know what I'm letting myself in for :S

Steph Ashley said...

James: I could link all three, but it would make for a mammoth post, in fact they will probably all be quite long as it is. I'd rather treat the three subjects separately to give them the full attention they deserve. Good luck with finding a job - I suppose it does partly depend on where you live but I find it is relatively easy to have 'roles' or become some kind of officer of something in your local party, and MUCH more difficult to attain the holy grail of being paid for lib demming - I myself make a living by doing secretarial stuff for a property developer, probably not the most lib dem of jobs!

jamesshaddock said...

Thanks for the advice Steph. I already have a role in the party, though perhaps having a job outside of it would be best in order to be able to have a break from the madness.

I stand by my vote for No. 3 though, if only for my love of gossip.

Julian H said...

Definitely 1.

asquith said...

I'd like to see a defence nof green taxes. I am instinctively for them and have a pretty good idea how to form the argument, which I do often as I come across many "sceptics", but I could always use some help. Especial reference to how the whole thing will be revenue neutral and taxes on work and income can be cut.

Jennie said...

Having been there, I found #2 interesting as well, but am studiously ignoring it due to triggeryness. Would be interested to see #1. You could always join in IBARW.